Tuesday 12 August 2014

Foolishness inherited!

While I roam in family functions or get-togethers, especially during festivals and other important occassions, I get struck by unexpected formalities and rituals. Though I do get that the immense feeling of the earlier generations in their arduous urge to pass on these rituals, these formalities to their next generation; what I fail to understand is the Gen Y's ignorance to this urge. 

Our parents, grandparents are the proud carriers of our culture and traditions. I'm stuck with the fact that why does the next generation never try to go into these "age old" rituals and find out the reason of the birth of our great culture. 

Our ancestors were definitely not lunatics to start these traditions as an integral part of our culture. Maybe the way they marketed them i.e. under the name of the "Almighty" , is creating current the stir of ignorance towards them. Have you ever asked to your elders the reason behind these mindboggling traditions? The question lies there...Have you ever? Isn't it too foolish of us to ignore our cultural traditions on which we have literally grown up?With Independence Day kicking in this week, I beg of you to use your freedom of expression and ASK! 

Why I am so deliberately asking you to ask? The reason being I, myself found very interesting explainations about our ancestral culture when I asked! I ensure you that the replies that you will get are shockingly LOGICAL, BRAINY, and THOUGHTFUL. 

On Independence Day, we often remember the earlier generations and show respect to the deeds they did for our freedom. Let's celebrate this year's 15th August by respecting and bowing down to the culture they imbued and salute their cohesive marketing skills! 
Stop the foolishness and inherit the Wisdom! 

Happy Independence Day, in advance! 

Bis dann, till then,
Atharva

1 comment: